AirParrot Remote version 1.1 is now available in the App Store. AirParrot Remote is a companion application to the AirParrot 2 wireless screen-mirroring software for Mac and Windows. With AirParrot Remote, users can remotely begin mirroring a computer screen, create media streaming playlists, extend a desktop and preview a desktop screen, all from their iOS devices.
AirParrot Remote 1.1 update notes:
- Added support for waking a Mac from sleep when connecting to it via AirParrot Remote
- Added support for unlocking a Mac when connecting to it via AirParrot Remote
- Added pinch-to-zoom and scroll support to Preview control
- Preview control bar can now be collapsed to access the lower portion of a previewed screen
- Automatically enable the mouse cursor in AirParrot when using Preview control
- Improved support for clearing media playlists
- Improved auto-reconnect functionality
- Resolved an issue that prevented AirParrot Remote from accessing files with capitalized file extensions
- Resolved a potential crash when attempting to remove a file from the playlist
- Resolved an issue that prevented Preview window from being cleared when preview is no longer available
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and performance improvements
All users must update their AirParrot 2 software to the latest version (2.6.2) to ensure compatibility with AirParrot Remote 1.1. You can update AirParrot Remote to version 1.1 in the App Store. Both updates are free for current AirParrot 2 and AirParrot Remote users.
Please let us know if you have an questions or comments below.