We are excited to introduce the Spring 2017 class of Alpha Squirrel EdTech experts. This class adds eight EdTech experts to the Alpha Squirrels program, which now totals 100 educators located in 28 states and four countries.
The eight new members inducted as part of the spring 2017 class include:
- Lorien Cafarella – Teacher, Lantana Middle School, Florida
- Colin Cheng – Tech Ed Provincial Teacher, SETBC, British Columbia
- Alicia Davis – Digital Learning Specialist, La Grange Elementary, North Carolina
- Karie Frauenhoffer – Teacher/Makerspace Leader, Southeast Middle School, North Carolina
- Hannah Jiménez – Digital Learning Specialist, Rochelle Middle School, North Carolina
- Shaundel Krumheuer – Technology Integration Specialist/Teacher Librarian, Billings Senior High School, Montana
- Bryan L. Miller – Founder, TopTechEDU, Florida
- Keven Rinaman – Director of Technology, Calvert Catholic Schools, Ohio
These individuals are experts and advocates in the global EdTech community who attend and speak at industry conferences around the world. They share expertise and show fellow education professionals how to use Squirrels technology to create a more collaborative learning environment and make mobile devices more valuable in the classroom.
Alpha Squirrels program manager Emily Carle Hafer emphasized the importance of these educators in helping Squirrels connect with educators around the world.
“Alpha Squirrels bring extraordinary expertise to the table and are constantly teaching us about the world of EdTech,” she said. “In return, we provide support, connections and resources to Alpha Squirrels to aide in their growth and realize their potential.”
Alpha Squirrels use Squirrels classroom technology such as ClassHub, Reflector, Ditto and AirParrot in classrooms and during presentations. They are provided with Squirrels-sponsored conference attendance and speaking engagements. You can catch them presenting at ISTE 2017 in San Antonio, Texas, and many other Edcamps and conferences around the world in 2017.
Other Alpha Squirrel benefits include:
- First access to unreleased Squirrels products
- Squirrels welcome package – T-Shirt, coffee mug/tumbler, sticky notes, water bottle, pens, keychain, etc.
- Access to after-hours Alpha Squirrels social events at conferences
- Video interview opportunities
- Free AirParrot 2, Reflector 2 and Reflector Director licenses
- An Alpha Squirrels member certificate
- Alpha Squirrel signature badges for Twitter, Facebook and email
- Product training and talking points
- On-demand interaction with Squirrels product designers and managers
Congrats to all of our new Alpha Squirrels! We’re proud to have you represent us in the EdTech community.
Are you a teacher or EdTech professional interested in becoming a certified Alpha Squirrel? Contact Emily Carle Hafer at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about our next class of Alpha Squirrels.