You can now schedule sessions for future use and send invitations to those sessions ahead of time. This update also includes numerous changes that improve performance in slow or limited network conditions.
Slingshot will ask you to update when joining a session. If you prefer to update immediately, you can visit the app store on your device or get the latest desktop version here. Version 1.1 is available for all platforms today.
Slingshot 1.1 adds the ability to schedule sessions in advance. Scheduling makes using Slingshot for planned meetings and collaboration sessions easy. Invite others to join in advance and never miss another session again.
Improved Network Performance
A number of changes were made to this version of Slingshot that help improve performance issues caused by network conditions. Automatically hide webcams and screens when joining a session to prevent bandwidth issues. Audio can also be automatically muted. Under-the-hood improvements were also made to provide better performance.
The mobile versions of Slingshot make it easier to control webcams and toggle audio options. The added controls are more accessible and always available when using the application on mobile devices. Accessible controls allow you to prevent unwanted distractions during a session.
Be sure to update Slingshot to take advantage of the improvements and new features!
People Worldwide Confuse a New Facebook Offering With Squirrels Slingshot™ Application
NORTH CANTON, OH–(Marketwired – June 18, 2014) – Squirrels LLC prides itself on providing software applications that “people go nuts for.” A popular Squirrels product, Slingshot™, is an application that allows mobile device users to meet face-to-face using webcams and microphones. Squirrels has been promoting Slingshot™ since April 2013 and applied to register this trademark with the U.S. Trademark Office.
On June 17, 2014, Facebook introduced a video-sharing application designed to compete with the popular Snapchat program. Unfortunately, Facebook is calling the new application “Slingshot.” The Facebook product performs some of the same functions as the Squirrels Slingshot™ application.
People now think that the Squirrels product is distributed by Facebook. The Squirrels Slingshot™ mark and logo have been posted on blogs and discussions of the new Facebook product. There is a clear confusion of the two.
“People from all over the world have been sending us messages thinking that we are the source of the new Facebook offering,” Squirrels cofounder Andrew Gould said.
“Often they have questions or criticisms concerning the Facebook app,” he continued. “Unfortunately, these inquiries just keep coming.”
Squirrels LLC wants everyone to know that it is not associated with Facebook and has nothing to do with the Facebook app, Slingshot.
“We know Facebook is a large player in the tech industry,” Gould said. “We are hoping that their use of our trademark doesn’t harm the reputation of our company or Slingshot™.”
Squirrels LLC is a privately held software development company based in North Canton, Ohio. Squirrels specializes in products for wireless audio and video transmission between hand-held devices and computers. More information about Squirrels and Squirrels products can be found at http://airsquirrels.com.
This release can also be found on Marketwire.
Sharing unfinished or non-production iOS applications with clients and peers is no easy task. We run into provisioning problems, emailing large files, UI miscommunications; the list goes on.
Slingshot allows developers to demo applications in real time. There is no complicated setup or third-part software. Just connect your device to a computer running Slingshot and everyone in your Slingshot session can see what you’re doing.
Check out some Slingshot features that make iOS and mobile app development easy:
- Built by developers – We understand the pains of client communication. Slingshot was built for easy sharing and collaboration by all.
- iOS Mirroring – Share your iPad or iPhone to anyone in a session. There are no cables or complicated file installations involved! Provisioning problems are a thing of the past.
- Webcam Chat – Clients can be all over the world, and meeting face-to-face isn’t always possible. Webcam chat brings everyone together in one place.
- File Sharing – Email doesn’t allow sending large files, and using file sharing services just adds another step for confusion. Slingshot instantly and securely shares the important files you need others to see.
- Cross Platform – Slingshot works on Windows and Mac computers, and it works on today’s popular mobile devices. Share iOS devices with Windows computers, or share your Windows screen to a Mac.
Slingshot is free for 30 days. Try it!
Customer support solutions generally leave agents feeling in the dark for the problem at hand. Slingshot allows agents to show iPad and iPhone screens in real time. Demonstrating a solution has never been easier.
Slingshot creates an engaging and interactive customer support experience. Screen sharing from iOS, Mac or Windows gives support agents another tool to help customers. Customers can connect with agents face-to-face and demonstrate problems.
Slingshot has a number of features that make customer support easy and engaging:
- Webcam Chat – Create an engaging support experience by allowing support agents and customers to meet face-to-face.
- iOS Mirroring – Share an iPhone or iPad screen for easy demonstration. Same time by explaining resolutions with video in real time.
- File Sharing – Quickly and easily share log files and other important support documents.
- Desktop Mirroring – Share your desktop for quick resolutions. Sharing an individual application focuses a session and adds privacy.
- Cross Platform – Slingshot works on today’s popular devices. Offer support to customers on mobile devices or computers!
Try Slingshot free for 30 days and see how it works for you!
Slingshot for iOS version 1.0.1 is now available!
This version eliminates an “Already in a Subscription” error when joining a subscription from the trial. It also corrects an issue that caused crashes when leaving a session in some cases.
Full release notes for version 1.0.1 can be found here: http://www.airsquirrels.com/slingshot/release-notes/ios/
You can download this update by selecting “Check for Updates…” from the File menu. The new version of Slingshot can also be downloaded from here: http://www.airsquirrels.com/slingshot/download/