The recent macOS 10.15 Catalina update affected the functionality of Squirrels products including Ditto, Reflector 3, Reflector Teacher and AirParrot 2.
The issue affects certain features and prevents users from being able to update their apps after upgrading to macOS 10.15 Catalina (or later). An update is now available to address those issues.
If your system has not been upgraded to macOS 10.15 Catalina (or later)
- Simply update Ditto, Reflector 3, Reflector Teacher or AirParrot 2 before upgrading to macOS 10.15 Catalina or later.
If your system is on macOS 10.15 Catalina (or later)
There are two ways to obtain the app updates if your Mac is already running 10.15 Catalina or later.
- Download the app updates from the download pages.
- Open the application (Ditto, Reflector 3, Reflector Teacher, AirParrot 2).
- You may experience difficulties opening the applications due to the nature of the issues caused by macOS 10.15 Catalina. If you receive an error message, click "Show in Finder" or locate the app on your system (typically in the Downloads or Applications folder). Right-click the app and select "Open." You may be presented with another error message with an "Open" option. Click "Open."
- Check for updates.
- Located in the in the gear wheel for Reflector 3, Reflector Teacher and AirParrot 2.
- Located in the app menu bar for Ditto. Click “Ditto.”
- Click the link in the release notes to manually download and install the app update.
Note: You must click the link in the release notes. You will not be able to automatically update.
Please reach out to our support team if you have any questions.