A little-known feature of Apple TV is quite handy when paired with Ditto.
Conference Room Display mode allows administrators to display instructions for connecting to the TV. In the case of Ditto, this feature means there’s no physical printout required, and users will immediately know how to wirelessly connect their Mac or PC screen to the Apple TV.
Enabling Conference Room Display mode is simple:
- Make sure your Apple TV is completely up to date.
- Go to Settings -> AirPlay -> Conference Room Display
- Select On
That’s it! Once you’ve enabled this setting, you’ll need to follow a few more steps to completely set up this feature for use with Ditto.
To configure Conference Room Display mode for use with Ditto, follow these simple steps:
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings -> AirPlay -> Conference Room Display -> Custom Message
- Enter message text that explains how a user connects their PC or Mac display with Ditto. You will need the Ditto room code for this.
- We recommend the following text: ”Visit connect.goditto.com and enter [DITTO ROOM CODE] to connect your Mac or PC screen to this display.”
When the Apple TV is turned on or woken from sleep, the custom message text is displayed.